Skipper Course (for experienced sailors)
The skipper course offers theoretical knowledge and practical skills, so that you can independently manage any boat up to 30 tons and up to 18 m in length.
The skipper course takes place on the new sailboat Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 440 (2020).
The port of departure is Marina Kaštela near Split.
The duration of the course is 6 days (7 nights on board).
Theoretical and practical training lasts 5 days and one day is reserved for the exam at the Port Authority.
The theoretical part of the course contains 5 modules:
• Basic knowledge of engine repairs and maintenance
• Maritime (regulations and meteorology)
• Maneuvering and safety of navigation
• Radio communication service
The practical part of the course includes:
• Basic knowledge for the maintenance of the boat systems and equipment and elimination of minor defects
• Work on charts (work with triangles, compass and plotter, ship position determination, route planning)
• Use of navigation devices
• Maneuvering the ship in the open sea (under engine and sails)
• Points of sailing, basic techniques of sailing, trimming and reefing the sails
• Anchoring, docking and mooring under different circumstances
• Navigation (day/night)