Terms and Conditions – 4Me Sailing
Please ensure you have read and understood the terms and conditions set out below before making a booking.
If you are unclear about anything, please contact us for clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Payment of your sailing tours and courses (here after also “tours”) confirms your understanding and acceptance of our terms and conditions.
General booking conditions
• A reservation requires the deposit of 50% of the total price. Confirmation of the booking cannot be given until payment has been received.
• If you fail to pay your deposit within 7 days from the booking, we will cancel your booking without notice and make the dates available to the public.
• The remainder 50% of the payment shall be transferred within 30 days before the start of the tour.
• If you fail to pay the balance of the booking price by the required date, you will forfeit your booking dates and deposit. We will attempt to contact you; however, it is ultimately your responsibility to pay the balance by the agreed date.
We apply a no refund policy, if you cancel your booking less than six (6) weeks before your departure date.
Cancellation by us
We aim to have a zero-cancellation policy, however sometimes they may be unavoidable and therefore we reserve the right to do so. Cancellation may happen:
• if the minimum number of participants is not reached. We will notify you within 2 weeks prior the start of the holiday.
• If we (4Me Sailing)) need to cancel the holiday for unforeseen reasons. We will notify you as soon as possible before departure date.
We will offer you a choice of the following, at no extra-charge:
• reschedule the booking,
• credit note for the amount paid.
N.B. We will not refund other associated costs, such as flights and transfers.
Minimum number of participants
The minimum number of participants to confirm the tour is 5.
Confirmation/cancellation of the tour is communicated to the customers within 2 weeks prior departure date.
All monetary figures are in Euro (EUR €) and all payments are inclusive of VAT and any other taxes, unless otherwise stated.
Our prices are based on full occupancy of the boats, therefore it’s financially impossible for solo travelers to occupy a double cabin at the per person rate. In case you would like a cabin for your private use, you will pay the cabin price with a 25% discount.
When booking a partial cabin (shared cabin) or private cabin, we reserve the right to change the cabin allocation. We respect a cabin preference, however there is the rare occasion we will need to shuffle cabin allocations to make the boat bookings work.
We will provide bed sheets (top and bottom), pillow, pillow case, blanket and towel/hand towel. Beach towels are not provided.
If extra linen is required, please give us at least two weeks noticed, otherwise we may not have time to make the arrangements. There is an additional charge for extra linen and for resetting your bed linen.
Embarkation and Disembarkation
Embarkation / Check in time is normally set at 5pm of the arrival date.
Disembarkation / Check out time is normally set at 9am of the departure date, because charter boats should be returned until previous day at 5pm.
If for specific reasons any of the above need to change, it will be communicated to the travelers at least 2 weeks prior the departure date.
Notifying us of a late arrival does not guarantee that we will wait, we have a schedule to keep and a tour to begin for the customers that arrived on time. We are not obliged to wait and will not wait unless you have a confirmation from us advising of this. If you are late, we might be able to arrange a water taxi (at your expense) or you’ll need to take a ferry or Uber water taxi to the next port to catch up with the boat. There is a ‘no refund policy’ should you fail to arrive at the boat by check in, this will include but is not limited to missed flights, missed transfers, getting lost. It is strongly advised to call your skipper if you believe you will be late. Alternative arrangements may be made, or you may catch up with the tour the next day. Shall extra cost arise due to your delay, this cost will be passed onto you. It’s your responsibility to be on time.
Excursions and onshore activities
We are not affiliated to any excursion company or onshore promoter, if not other specified. We have no financial relationship or otherwise with tour operators. You can participate with onshore tours and excursions, moped, car, bike hire at your own risk. All excursions are at your expense.
If you plan on taking a water taxi to another island, these costs will be borne by you. Once the yacht has taken a berth/mooring/anchor it will not be used as transport to nearby islands. Guests are required to pay for any cave entry fees or other off-boat excursions.
In this Clause, “Event of Force Majeure” means an event beyond the control of the Authority and the Operator, which prevents a Party from complying with any of its obligations under this Contract. In the event 4Me Sailing are not able to carry out the services contracted due to reasons out of our control, we will not be liable. We use this time to remind you that travel insurance is highly advised for all guests to cover you in the event of an emergency outside of our control. Our boat is fully serviced and maintained on an annual basis and also conduct running servicing throughout the season to keep everything in working order. In the event of emergency repairs during your itinerary, it may be the case that we spend an extra day in a particular location. Although this is unforeseen and unpreventable, there will be no monetary compensation for a change in the itinerary, it means you get an extra day to enjoy that stop. The skipper will discuss options with the group and come to a decision about how to make up the time.
If the winds are in excess / forecast to be in excess of 25 knots, the boat(s) must find shelter and are not permitted to leave the safety of the marina / harbor / bay. This will result in a change in the itinerary. We will always put your safety first, even if this means a change to your itinerary.
The itinerary is a proposed itinerary and if the weather doesn’t allow for safe passage, it may result in a changed itinerary, including staying in port. Any additional water taxi’s / ferries to continue to a proposed port is the financial responsibility of the guest.
4Me Sailing operate in accordance with local law and regulations. All due care will be provided to ensure the safety of your personal belongings; however, 4Me Sailing will not be held liable for replacement of your personal belongs if there is a break in or theft on the yacht. It is your responsibility to have adequate travel insurance before setting foot on board, covering you for personal possessions and against injury.
Travel insurance is highly advised for all guests joining our trips. The purpose of insurance is to cover, but not limited to: accidents at sea, lost luggage, missed connections, cancelled flights, travel restrictions, late arrival to check in and missing your embarkation, travel bans due to outbreak.
If there is a travel ban due to outbreak and you cannot join your trip, you will need to speak to your insurance provider for compensation. It needs to be stressed that 4Me Sailing are not liable for travel bans, restrictions, or any other unmentioned activity which prevents you from joining your scheduled trip. Your skipper will provide a safety briefing before all departures and will not leave the marina until everyone is satisfied with their obligations and the skipper is satisfied that everyone is capable and understands. 4Me Sailing will not be held liable for any injuries due to guest negligence or mishaps. Sailing is an active sport with variables such as wind, water, moving objects and other vessels. All care will be provided and guest safety is the priority of the skipper, however 4Me Sailing will not be held liable for any unforeseen incidents involving guest injury. Guests may not wish to participate in active sailing, however by setting foot on board and embarking with us on a sailing tour, you assume any associated risks including but not limited to cuts, bruises, sprains, broken bones or rope burn.
There are a few rules to follow while on your tour, most of which will be covered by your skipper for a smooth trip.
Skipper authority and dispute resolution
The skipper has final say and ultimate authority on board the yacht. Unless you have chartered the entire yacht, there is a high chance you will be sailing with other guests. All guests must be respected at all time, including but not limited to guest personal space, personal possessions, quiet time in the AM and PM, allowing for fellow guests to sleep if they have retired to their quarters for the evening and respect of opinion. If the skipper’s involvement is required in dispute resolution, his/her say is final. If an individual or group refuse or are unable to comply with the skipper’s requests, it may be requested that the offending person(s) are removed from the tour with immediate effect. If a person or group is removed from a tour, it will be their responsibility to find subsequent transport and accommodation. There will be no refunds provided.
There are a few rules that must be adhered to and it’s important we bring it to your attention before your trip to minimize the possibility of things going wrong and attracting unforeseen charges.
• While in a marina, you are not permitted to use your head (toilet), you should use the marina’s facilities. If you pump the head into the marina water, the skipper may be fined for this. This charge will be passed onto you.
• Absolutely no personal hygiene products are to be pumped through the toilet. Any blockages of marina toilets are charged to the guest at €250 per toilet blocked.
• It’s important to arrive at the marina at the specified time for your check in. If the boat leaves the marina late, the skipper is likely to be charged for another full day. The marina doesn’t make any allowances for late arrivals and our late departure. This charge will be passed onto you.
• If there are any damages made to the boat or broken inventory, these charges will be passed onto you.
Behavior and early termination of tour
A responsible level of behavior and consideration is expected whilst you are on board our yachts and you must comply with the yacht’s rules and regulations. You will be liable for any damage or loss caused by you whilst on board. If you are deemed to be in our reasonable opinion behaving in a manner, which is likely to cause danger or distress to any third party or property, we are entitled to terminate our agreement with the person(s) involved without notice or refund. We also have the right to remove the person(s) involved from the vessel and have no further responsibilities towards the person(s). If the matters are serious, the local Police may be involved. There are no refunds for any guests that are removed from the trip.
The skipper’s decisions are final. In case of disputes or misunderstandings, the skipper’s decision is to be respected.
Rights and use of digital media
If a photographer or another employee is taking photographs/video and you have an objection to these being used by us, please make your objection known at the time. We may publish digital media to a web platform and/or use it for marketing purposes.
Your personal responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Personal travel insurance (highly advised),
• Travel Visa (if necessary),
• Current and valid passport,
• Travel arrangements to and from the embarkation and disembarking ports/marinas,
• You are responsible for notifying 4Me Sailing if you or members of your group are running late for check in,
• Your personal safety on board and in port,
• Bringing all medication for any illnesses or ailments,
• Notifying your skipper of any physical or medical conditions, current or otherwise,
• Notifying your skipper if you cannot swim or suffer from any medical conditions including but not limited to panic attacks, diabetes, heart condition, black outs or epilepsy,
• Follow all instructions given by your skipper,
• Treat the yacht and equipment with care, which includes cleaning after yourself, keeping your cabin and head (toilet) clean and keeping the common areas clean and tidy,
• It is the parent’s responsibility to clean after children,
• If we have to excessively request you clean after yourself, we will impose a €200 cleaning supplement or if this isn’t paid, we may request that you leave the boat,
• Report to the skipper any instances of other guests abusing the yacht, yacht equipment or guest’s possessions,
• You are responsible for personal items and we are not liable for any loses. It is your responsibility to check you have all your possessions before you disembark the yacht. If you leave any personal items behind on the boat(s), you will need to contact the boat crew ASAP. If you notify us later than 24 hours after your trip ending, there is a high probability your items have been considered trash you have abandoned and thrown out by the cleaners. We are not responsible for any items lost or left behind. If you locate any forgotten items, you will be required to pay for registered post to have the items sent back to you. We are not responsible for any items that fail to arrive in the post. Pets are not permitted on board the yacht, unless you book the yacht for private use.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time, without notice to you. We reserve the right to change the pricing structure of our tours without notice. We reserve the right to change any part of the itinerary, whether we published the amends online or not.